A warm bowl of cornmeal porridge can soothe the soul. Give it a try!
– Condensed Milk
– Oil, for honey
– Add water to pot
– Add salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to pot and stir well
– Bring pot to boil over high-med heat
– Mix cornmeal in water
– Add cornmeal mixture to boiling pot
– Stir until cornmeal begins to boil
– Reduce to low-med heat and cover pot
– Let cornmeal boil for about 25-30 minutes
– Once cooked, sweeten the cornmeal
– Add milk and stir well
– Add honey and stir well
– Add condensed milk and stir well
Tip: stir pot frequently to keep the cornmeal from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Tip for adding the honey: spread a very thin layer of oil on the measuring spoon so that the honey will flow freely (see video).
I did not use a recipe, but here are two options:
– Regular: https://cooklikeajamaican.com/new-recipe-cornmeal-porridge/
– Vegan: https://healthiersteps.com/recipe/jamaican-cornmeal-porridge-bowl/
Note: whichever option you try, add a TB of honey for added flavor and health benefits.