This soup is an easy and delicious option for the cold (weather and virus).
**** Changes ****
1. Ground white pepper
2. Ghee, melted
– Washed and quartered butternut squash with skin and scraped seeds. Brushed quartered squash with melted ghee. Mixed salt and white pepper in small bowl and sprinkled over brushed squash. Baked for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
– Allowed baked squash to cool, then peeled, and diced. Added diced squash to pot and sautéed for 5 minutes. Poured in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables.
– Added seasonings: garlic pepper, salt, and crushed red peppers. Brought to a boil. Reduced heat to low, covered pot, and allowed to simmer for 15 minutes, or until all vegetables were tender.
– Used hand blender in pot and blended until smooth.
– Garnish with grated parmesan and parsley.