Love cheesecake, but tired of the plain cheesecake? Give this version a try and gain the additional health benefits of the sweet potato.
**** Changes ****
– used 3/4 cup light brown sugar
– used 1/4 cup regular sugar
– used Spice Islands vanilla extract
Note: used different crust; see Sweet Tooth Recipes playlist for the Coconut Pecan Cheesecake Crust video
– washed, peeled, chopped, and steamed sweet potatoes
– mashed steamed sweet potatoes and then measured 2 cups
– allowed potatoes to cool to room temperature (used ice bath)
– creamed sugars and cream cheese first (see video), then added sour cream and mixed well, then add heavy cream and mixed well
– after incorporating sweet potatoes, added vanilla to batter and mixed well, then added cinnamon and mixed well, then added nutmeg and mixed well, then added flour and mixed well
– buttered parameter of pan in preparation of batter (did not have non-sticking spray)
– baked 45 minutes with oven fan option; removed from oven and allowed to cool on rack; then used back of butter knife to trace parameter; then refrigerated; topped with coconut whipped cream and coconut flakes
Note: see Sweet Tooth Recipes playlist for the Coconut Whipped Cream video.